Advertise Here


Koffee, winner of Best Reggae Album, poses in the press room during the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, California 
Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for The Recording Academy

Since 1985, the Best Reggae Album category has been in inception. Each year, a man has taken home the gramophone, but 35 years later, a rising artist is here to make history. On Sunday (Jan. 26), Koffee won the title for her debut album, Rapture. Last year’s recipients were Sting & Shaggy for their 44/876 album.
“I’m very honored, I’m very happy and I’m satisfied, I would say,” the "W" singer says. “I put a lot of work into my first project and to see that it has been recognized on this level has really fulfilled me so I’m very thankful.”
In a previous interview with VIBE, Koffee shared her thoughts on being a woman musician in a male-dominated genre such as reggae. “I feel like it’s a big responsibility, and ‘to whom much is given, much is expected.’ So I don't look at it as, ‘Oh, I’ve made it.’ But I acknowledge that I’m in a position where I have a responsibility now to fulfill and to pull through. It just pushes me to work harder, make more things happen, and just keep it going.”

Source: Vibe

Since 1985, the Best Reggae Album category has been in inception. Each year, a man has taken home the gramophone, but 35 years later, a rising artist is here to make history. On Sunday (Jan. 26), Koffee won the title for her debut album, Rapture.

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.